News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- Dr. John Quackenbush discusses the collaboration of GenoSpace and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation to advance cancer research and development. GenoSpace provides tools for genomics research.
Tags: Genomics, MultipleMyeloma
- Dr. Katherine Janeway led a study finding some pediatric cancer patients harbor mutations in their tumor or germline that have potential clinical significance, either for diagnosis or treatment.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, Genetics
- Dr. Matthew Meyerson
led a genomic study of lung cancer which has provided information that could
help scientists devise new treatments.
- Dana-Farber researchers were part of The Cancer Genome Atlas study that identified four genetically distinct types of breast cancer, each with its own biology and survival outlooks. Matthew Meyerson, MD, PhD, one of the study's co-authors, said the findings could help direct the development of better treatments, adding that it likely will result in new combination therapies rather than one "silver bullet" drug.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- Scientists at Dana-Farber and the University of Colorado Cancer Center report on a gene fusion that spurs the cells to divide rapidly.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, LungCancer
- Dr. Barrett Rollins commented in The Journal of the American Medical Association about how precision medicine has helped patients at Dana-Farber.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Dr. Barrett Rollins talks about President Obama's new national effort called "moon shot" to help in the fight against cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Dr. Stacy Gray led a study that suggests not all doctors are ready to embrace tests that look for hundreds of DNA changes in patients’ tumor samples.