News tagged ‘Grants’ clear
- Glenn Dranoff, MD, was named to Stand Up to Cancer's latest research "dream team," which will focus on cancer immunology. Dana-Farber researchers will receive $1.5 million over three years to help support the study of tissue and blood samples from patients who are receiving specific experimental treatments.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- Dr. Barrett Rollins explained how Dana-Farber will use a $10 million grant from Massachusetts Life Sciences Center to support cancer imaging research to further the development of targeted cancer therapies.
Tags: Grants, TargetedTherapy
- The Bridge Project, a joint Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center and MIT research program, is awarding $2.6 million in funding to support four research teams studying pancreatic cancer and glioblastoma. Dr. Matthew Meyerson and Dr. Keith Ligon will be among the Dana-Farber scientists whose work is funded by the program.
Tags: Grants, PancreaticCancer
- Dana-Farber President Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD commented that federal spending cuts are "unraveling one of the greatest biomedical-research enterprises in the history of the world."
- Dr. George Demetri comments on Ludwig Cancer Research announcing it is contributing $540 million to six cancer research centers, including Dana-Farber.
- Dana-Farber has been given one of three, $100,000 research grants by The Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation's Scientific Advisory Committee.
Tags: BreastCancer, Grants, Honors
- Dr. Edward Benz Jr. comments on a large grant that will help train students to work in cancer research, as well as invent new tests to determine the exact proteins responsible for cancers in specific patients.