News tagged ‘PatientSupport’ clear
- Dana-Farber is included in a list of hospitals that offer special touches for patients. Dana-Farber offers iPads to patients to use while they are receiving treatment.
Tags: Appointments, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber's decision to incorporate patients' input into the development of the Yawkey Center for Cancer Care has resulted in a facility that has won critical acclaim for its design, and led to improvements in patient throughput and overall safety.
Tags: PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter
- Candace Lowe, administrative director of the Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber, says The Caps for Kids project luckily found it's way to the Institute.
Tags: Partnerships, PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- Stacy Kennedy, a senior nutritionist at Dana-Farber, gave a presentation called “Fighting Cancer with Your Fork,” a culinary guide to wellness and cancer prevention.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport
- Reports show the government now supplies one-third of all funds raised by not-for-profit organizations and that major research universities and hospitals, like Dana-Farber, could not survive without large allocations from the federal government. (Full article requires a subscription)
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman writes that the controversy surrounding Lance Armstrong and his cycling career should not diminish the importance and impact of Armstrong's advocacy on behalf of cancer patients and cancer survivors worldwide.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship