News tagged ‘ProstateCancer’ clear
- Dr. Christopher Sweeney led a study that found men given chemotherapy early in their treatment for advanced prostate cancer lived longer than those who did not get early chemotherapy.
Tags: chemotherapy, ProstateCancer
- A study led by Dr. Mary Ellen Taplin that looked at small group of men with prostate cancer showed that treatment with Zytiga eliminated or greatly reduced the size of prostate tumors in one-third of patients treated for six months before surgery.
- The recent approval of new drugs for treating advanced prostate cancer provides patients with more clinical choices. Dr. Philip Kantoff, Dana-Farber's Chief Clinical Research Officer, said these options pose challenges to clinicians, who must select the right therapies at the right time for each patient.
- Research led by Dr. Julia Hayes found that many men with low-risk, localized prostate cancers can safely choose observation instead of undergoing immediate treatment and have a better quality of life while reducing health care costs.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- A study by Dr. Paul Nguyen and colleagues at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center shows a small percentage of prostate cancer patients complained their penis seemed shorter following treatment, causing them to regret their choice of treatment.
Tags: ProstateCancer, PopulationScience