News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- Dr. Levi Garraway commented on a promising cancer drug that researchers can use in knocking out cancer cells.
- Dr. Ken Anderson discusses new targeted medicines for the treatment of myeloma. Dr. Anderson is leading an international study to determine whether these new drugs could mean risky transplants aren't needed any more.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, TargetedTherapy
- Seven major U.S. and European cancer institutions including Dana-Farber are banding together to study the massive amounts of data produced by sequencing tests in an effort to improve treatment decisions.
Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., talked about research to develop treatments for cancer that are more efficient and less toxic, by specifically targeting tumors using genetic analysis.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy
- Dr. Pasi A. Jänne discusses a new study that demonstrates that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dr. Barrett Rollins commented in The Journal of the American Medical Association about how precision medicine has helped patients at Dana-Farber.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- MolecularMD has obtained patent rights to technology—jointly owned by researchers at Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute. MolecularMD said it is developing diagnostic assays for use in clinical trials exploring the efficacy of targeted therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dr. Barrett Rollins explained how Dana-Farber will use a $10 million grant from Massachusetts Life Sciences Center to support cancer imaging research to further the development of targeted cancer therapies.
Tags: Grants, TargetedTherapy