News tagged ‘Melanoma’ clear
- Dr. Jennifer Lin discussed the new FDA regulations for tanning beds.
Tags: Melanoma, SkinCancer
- Dr. F. Stephen Hodi commented on advances in melanoma treatments.
- Dr. Glenn Dranoff talks about a Phase I clinical trial of an implantable vaccine to treat melanoma, the most lethal form of skin cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Melanoma
- Dana-Farber and Harvard University have launched a human trial to test a potential vaccine against melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Melanoma, SkinCancer
- Customized cancer treatment is getting closer to reality, as researchers have come up with single drugs that can treat many different kinds of cancers. One example is Kevetrin, now in Phase I clinical trials at Dana-Farber.
Tags: Melanoma, Nutrition, Prevention
- Researchers have found mutations in most melanomas that are unlike any seen before. Dr. Levi Garraway says the findings could help explain how melanomas and other cancers develop.
- Dana-Farber researchers, including Dr. Levi Garraway, have identified two mutations that collectively occur in many malignant melanoma tumors. These highly "recurrent" mutations may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.