News tagged ‘OvarianCancer’ clear
- Dr. Joyce Liu commented on the Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee vote to delay approval of the PARP inhibitor olaparib.
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a study showing a combination of two new pills may nearly
double the length of survival for patients with recurrent ovarian cancer
- Dr. Alexi Wright reports on a new study suggesting that being overweight increases a woman's risk of ovarian cancer.
Tags: OvarianCancer, PatientEducation
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis has received a $900,000 grant from the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to test new combinations of targeted drugs against the disease.
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis commented on a study that found women with BRCA-1 mutations can reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer if they get their ovaries removed by age 35.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, Genetics
- More than 250 women business and community leaders will gather for the fifth Susan. F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Executive Council, Beyond Boston Luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion led by Eric P. Winer.
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a first-of-its-kind clinical trial that shows promising activity in patients with ovarian cancer, with manageable toxic effects.
Tags: BasicResearch, OvarianCancer
- Patient Erica Kaitz has a rare form of uterine cancer. It has forced Erica and her husband to become involved in the world of cancer research and fundraising. Dr. Suzanne George talks about the disease.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer