News tagged ‘PatientSupport’ clear
- Dr. Michael Hassett commented on a new study showing many patients with advanced cancer may still want to work, but symptoms from their disease or related treatment prevent them from doing so.
Tags: PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has made the top 10 on a new scoreboard for US medical centers with the best patient care.
Tags: PatientSafety, PatientSupport
- Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., commented on Dana-Farber’s policy not to involve physicians in a patient’s decision to become a financial donor.
Tags: PatientSupport, Development
- Dr. Tracy Balboni wrote an editorial for a study that found doctors and other health care providers discussed religion or spirituality in less than 20 percent of family meetings in the intensive care unit.
Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., was part of a panel discussion that followed the preview screening of the film, “Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies,” which features Dr. Stephen Sallan and Dr. David Nathan, as well as segments focused on Dr. Sidney Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport
Ludmila Svoboda, RN, was interviewed about her role as the program nurse in the Cancer Care Equity Program, which provides services for patients to help reduce disparities in cancer care.
Tags: PatientSupport, Disparities, CopingWithCancer
- WBZ-TV profiled the Young Adult Program at Dana-Farber. Program director Karen Fasciano says they help patients aged 18-39 with the unique circumstances they face living with cancer.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship
Dana-Farber was recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization.
Tags: Honors, PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter