- Dana-Farber is petitioning a federal court to determine that one of its scientists, Gordon Freeman, PhD, and another researcher are co-inventors on a series of cancer immunotherapy patents previously issued to a Japanese researcher and Japanese drug company.
- Drugs that inhibit CDK7 may be a new therapy for treating triple-negative breast cancer.
- A new drug for renal cell carcinoma slowed the growth of advanced kidney cancer in patients who became resistant to the first-line therapies that had previously kept it in check, according to results from a clinical trial led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Dana-Farber scientists and colleagues use genome- and epigenome-editing tools to pinpoint disease-causing variants.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- Almost one-third of families whose children were being treated for cancer faced food, housing or energy insecurity and one-quarter lost more than 40 percent of household income, according to a new study from Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center published in Pediatric Blood & Cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, CopingWithCancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s Hospital announced they have agreed to name Berkshire Medical Center Cancer Center as the first member of the new Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative (DF/BWCCC).
- In the first ever randomized trial in the United States, researchers led by Dr. Wendy Chen will test whether aspirin helps women with breast cancer avoid recurrence and live longer.
- Researchers from Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, using CRISPR-based gene editing techniques, have found that changes to a small stretch of DNA may circumvent the genetic defect behind sickle cell disease (SCD), according to a study published in the journal Nature.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has named Michael Reney its Chief Financial Officer (CFO), where he will be responsible for all financial operations including accounts payable, financial planning and reporting, payroll, capital asset management, tax and general and patient accounting.
- Tari King, MD, has been named Chief of Breast Surgery at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center where she will oversee breast surgery and continue to build DF/BWCC's integrated clinical model for treating breast cancer.
Showing 1-10 of 626 items