News tagged ‘Prevention’ clear
- Charles Fuchs, MD, MPH, director of the Center for Gastrointestinal Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, said colorectal cancer can be detected early thanks to one simple screening test, a colonoscopy.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention
- What better way to say "I love you" than with a delicious and healthy meal. Chef Frank McClelland of Boston's four-star restaurant L'Espalier contributes recipes to this romantic dinner. All recipes are available in Dana-Farber's Health Library.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention, Survivorship
- A new study that proposes a three-in-one test for gynecologic cancers underscores the promise of molecular screening for early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers, but also suggests that such tests are not yet ready for clinical use. Andrea Myers, MD, PhD, a co-author of the commentary on the study, says the test is an important step in that direction.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, Prevention, GynecologicCancers
- Dana-Farber launches a free, easy-to-use Apple iPhone® app that provides recipes and nutrition information that can be searched by cancer patients, cancer survivors, their families, and anyone who wants to have a healthy diet.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport, Prevention, Survivorship
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations shows rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women continued to decline between 2000 and 2009. The findings come from the latest Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer
Tags: CervicalCancer, Prevention, Survivorship, HeadNeckCancers, GynecologicCancers
- The holidays are here and so is all the festive food. Some of it is naughty but much of it can be nice. "Many of the foods we enjoy around the holidays are not only delicious to eat, but they may also contain cancer-fighting nutrients," says Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a nutritionist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a senior nutritionist at Dana-Farber, says many cancer-fighting foods are at their nutritional peak in the fall and it's a good time to incorporate them into a healthy diet. She explains what to look for and offers easy-to-prepare recipes.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Wendy Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute helps tackles some of the myths and misconceptions about breast cancer risk. She answers some of the more common questions, explains the studies behind the answers, and provides risk-lowering tips.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition, PatientEducation, Prevention
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- Strong social connections may make it harder for some people who live in low-income, minority communities to lead a healthy lifestyle,
report Dana-Farber and Harvard School of Public Health researchers.
Tags: Exercise, Disparities, Prevention