News tagged ‘PatientEducation’ clear
- Treatment with three "targeted" cancer drugs has been linked to a slightly elevated chance of fatal side effects, according to a new analysis led by scientists at Dana-Farber. These risks remain low, but they should be factored in when developing patients’ treatment plans.
Tags: chemotherapy, PatientEducation, PatientSafety, TargetedTherapy
- Compared to adult patients, parents felt they had little time to
understand the clinical trials process in the midst of coming to terms
with their child's cancer diagnosis.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, PatientEducation
- Dana-Farber is expanding its digital publishing efforts with the launch of Paths of Progress, the Institute's twice-yearly research and care magazine, as an iPad application enhanced with animations and web links.
- A study led by Jennifer Mack, MD, MPH, suggests that many terminally ill cancer patients do talk with a doctor about their preferences for end-of-life care, but those conversations often occur late in the course of their illness and tend to be with a hospital-based physician and not their oncologist who has been caring for them.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientEducation, PatientSupport
- Many favorite winter holiday foods, including pumpkin, cranberries and apples, are also packed with cancer-fighting nutrients, say nutritionists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Paths of Progress, Dana-Farber’s award-winning cancer research magazine, is now available as a free app for iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets.
- Wendy Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute helps tackles some of the myths and misconceptions about breast cancer risk. She answers some of the more common questions, explains the studies behind the answers, and provides risk-lowering tips.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition, PatientEducation, Prevention
- Dana-Farber is providing cancer patients and survivors, and their families, access to more than 60 diseases-specific online communities that enables them to connect with others in a private, confidential, and secure environment.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship