News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- In a paper published online yesterday by the journal Nature, Dana-Farber researchers map out a mechanism by which micronuclei could potentially disrupt the chromosomes within them and produce cancer-causing gene mutations. The findings may point to a vulnerability in cancer cells that could be attacked by new therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- The SU2C program, which will feature performances from top recording artists, and celebrities from film, television and sports, will encourage viewers to provide financial support for translational research aimed at accelerating the delivery of new cancer therapies to patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- A new study by researchers at Dana-Farber shows a small molecule compound called JQ1 can generate reversible birth control in male mice.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report findings from a nationwide study that suggest that advanced lung or colorectal cancer patients are frequently mistaken in their beliefs that chemotherapy can cure their disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, EndOfLife
- Dana-Farber researchers report that advanced pancreatic cancers are dependent on the continued expression of a mutant oncogene that "rewires" key metabolic pathways, which suggests that these altered pathways might be potential targets for future drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, PancreaticCancer
- The study found African Americans are more likely to hold perceptions that could interfere with prevention and treatment and indicate a need for improved public health communication about lung cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- The American Association for Cancer Research's Cancer Progress Report 2011 calls for increased funding for the National Cancer Institute and National Institutes of Health. Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, who is also AACR president, hopes the report will highlight "the enormous opportunities that now exist to stem the tide of this disease."
Tags: BasicResearch, Prevention
- William G. Kaelin, Jr., MD, received the 2012 American Society for Clinical Investigation’s Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award in recognition of his contributions to the molecular understanding of cellular oxygen sensing and cellular adaptation to hypoxia.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
Showing 1-10 of 142 items