News tagged ‘PatientEducation’ clear
- Sylvia Bartel, RPh, MHP, vice president of Pharmacy Services at Dana-Farber, talks about medication safety following news of a recent meningitis outbreak at a Massachusetts-based compounding center. Bartel explains Dana-Farber is one of only a handful of hospitals in the Boston area that compounds or creates medication tailored specifically for individual patients.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSafety, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber is providing cancer patients and survivors, and their families, access to more than 60 diseases-specific online communities that enables them to connect with others in a private, confidential, and secure environment.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- Wendy Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute helps tackles some of the myths and misconceptions about breast cancer risk. She answers some of the more common questions, explains the studies behind the answers, and provides risk-lowering tips.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition, PatientEducation, Prevention
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has launched a mobile version of its website to provide fast and easy access to information to smartphone users about Dana-Farber's cancer care programs and related services.
- Paths of Progress, Dana-Farber’s award-winning cancer research magazine, is now available as a free app for iPad, Android and Kindle Fire tablets.
- A study led by Jennifer Mack, MD, MPH, suggests that many terminally ill cancer patients do talk with a doctor about their preferences for end-of-life care, but those conversations often occur late in the course of their illness and tend to be with a hospital-based physician and not their oncologist who has been caring for them.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientEducation, PatientSupport
- Treatment with three "targeted" cancer drugs has been linked to a slightly elevated chance of fatal side effects, according to a new analysis led by scientists at Dana-Farber. These risks remain low, but they should be factored in when developing patients’ treatment plans.
Tags: chemotherapy, PatientEducation, PatientSafety, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber is expanding its digital publishing efforts with the launch of Paths of Progress, the Institute's twice-yearly research and care magazine, as an iPad application enhanced with animations and web links.