News tagged ‘Prevention’ clear
- Before you fire up the backyard grill this summer, review these tips from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute experts to help reduce your exposure to potentially cancer causing chemicals.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable illness and death in the United States. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute applauds the decision by CVS Caremark to stop sales of all cigarettes and tobacco products by October.
Tags: Smoking, Prevention
- The New Year is a great time to add some healthy habits into a daily routine. Maintaining good health doesn't have to be hard. Experts at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute offer seven easy strategies that can help just about anyone get on the road to good health and possibly help reduce cancer risk.
Tags: Exercise, Nutrition, Smoking, Prevention
- Cancer death rates in the United States continue to decline, according to the Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, published online by the journal Cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, ColonCancer, LungCancer, Prevention
- In the largest study of its kind, people who ate a daily handful of nuts were 20 percent less likely to die from any cause over a 30-year period than were those who didn’t consume nuts, say scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and the Harvard School of Public Health.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- A team of researchers, including those from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard School of Public Health, will be reporting study findings that lend powerful scientific backing to the recommendation that people receive a colonoscopy screening to prevent colorectal cancer.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention, PopulationScience
- Dana-Farber’s free nutrition app, Ask the Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer, is now available for the Android platform, in addition to the iPhone® and other Apple devices. The easy-to-use nutrition app provides recipes and nutrition information that is helpful to cancer patients and anyone who wants to have a healthy diet.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport, Prevention, Survivorship
- Charles Fuchs, MD, MPH, director of the Center for Gastrointestinal Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, said colorectal cancer can be detected early thanks to one simple screening test, a colonoscopy.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention
- What better way to say "I love you" than with a delicious and healthy meal. Chef Frank McClelland of Boston's four-star restaurant L'Espalier contributes recipes to this romantic dinner. All recipes are available in Dana-Farber's Health Library.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention, Survivorship
- A new study that proposes a three-in-one test for gynecologic cancers underscores the promise of molecular screening for early detection of endometrial and ovarian cancers, but also suggests that such tests are not yet ready for clinical use. Andrea Myers, MD, PhD, a co-author of the commentary on the study, says the test is an important step in that direction.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, Prevention, GynecologicCancers