- More than two-thirds of adolescents and young adults dying of cancer utilized one or more aggressive interventions in the last month of life, according to a retrospective study published in JAMA Oncology. The findings suggest the need for more research into whether patients have been adequately supported to contemplate their end-of-life options or whether the pattern reflects their well-considered wishes.
Tags: EndOfLife, PopulationScience
- The Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS at Dana-Farber is changing its name to the Department of Cancer Immunology and Virology.
Tags: BasicResearch, Immunotherapy
- Before you fire up the backyard grill this summer, review these tips from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute experts to help reduce your exposure to potentially cancer causing chemicals.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Eli Lilly and Company announced a multiyear collaboration to research new medicines under development to fight cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, Partnerships
- Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center remains the nation's top pediatric cancer program, according to the 2015-16 edition of U.S. News & World Report's Best Children's Hospitals.
- Dana-Farber's Molecular Cancer Imaging Facility in Boston's Innovation District will use cutting edge technology for research on improving cancer diagnosis and developing precision drugs matched to individual patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, Imaging
- Study led by Dr. Jennifer Ligibel finds exercise programs can improve quality of life for cancer survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition
- On June 1st, Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care (DFCCC) will begin providing oncology services at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen.
- In a new study published in Nature, Dana-Farber scientists demonstrate how a sudden, isolated shuffling of genetic material — known as chromothripsis — can occur.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- First study of the genomic composition of prostate cancer shows many patients have gene mutations that can be targeted with existing or potential drugs.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer, TargetedTherapy
Showing 11-20 of 617 items