- Fifty-four physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber have been named to Boston magazine's annual "Top Doctors" guide.
- Dana-Farber scientists have discovered the mechanism behind thalidomide's cancer-killing properties, which could aid development of safer versions and a new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center researchers receive six Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grants, which support research that moves from the laboratory to the clinic.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- In the largest study of its kind, people who ate a daily handful of nuts were 20 percent less likely to die from any cause over a 30-year period than were those who didn’t consume nuts, say scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and the Harvard School of Public Health.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- Jeanna Walsh, MD, has been named medical director of Dana-Farber/New Hampshire Oncology-Hematology (Dana-Farber/NHOH). Dr. Walsh has provided exceptional cancer care to patients in Londonderry since the facility opened in 2008. Her new appointment is effective November 15, 2013.
Tags: Appointments, Partnerships
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the University of Colorado Cancer Center report on a gene fusion that spurs the cells to divide rapidly. Treating the cells with a compound that blocks the protein caused the cells to die which may offer a targeted therapy in patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Dana-Farber has opened a mammography suite within the Whittier Street Health Center, located in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities, Imaging
- A protein that is increased by endurance exercise has been isolated and given to non-exercising mice, in which it turned on genes that promote brain health and encourage the growth of new nerves involved in learning and memory, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School.
Tags: BasicResearch, Exercise
Showing 11-20 of 452 items