- Scientists publish the first comprehensive catalog of genetic mutations and other abnormal changes found in 279 cancers of the head and neck, identifying several broken molecular pathways that might be targeted by existing and future cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, HeadNeckCancers
- A new study finds many breast cancer patients don't know the characteristics of their own disease, such as cancer stage and tumor grade.
Tags: BreastCancer, PatientEducation
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is expanding its research footprint by moving into five floors at Longwood Center (360 Longwood Avenue), beginning later this month.
Tags: BasicResearch, TranslationalResearch
- A new study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators demonstrates that vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by perking up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells.
Tags: ColonCancer, ImmuneSystem
- According to a new study led by Dana-Farber researchers, patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who had high levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream prior to treatment with chemotherapy and targeted drugs, survived longer, on average, than patients with lower levels of the vitamin.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- Emmy-winning and Golden Globe-nominated actress Uzo Aduba will run the 119th Boston Marathon® on Monday, April 20 as a member of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team to support cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Dana-Farber researchers report women with small, HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted drug following surgery were highly unlikely to have the cancer recur within three years.
Tags: BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- In a clinical trial involving women with triple-negative breast cancer, patients who received the drugs carboplatin and/or bevacizumab in combination with standard chemotherapy prior to surgery were more likely to have their tumors disappear entirely from the breast, according to data presented by investigators during the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Adding a PI3K inhibitor to hormonal therapy for metastatic breast cancer may help overcome resistance to the hormonal therapy and delay disease progression, according to investigators from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Showing 11-20 of 575 items