News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Ken Anderson, MD, briefed members of Congress and their legislative staffs on blood cancer care and research, and the importance of protecting and enhancing federal research funding.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants, MultipleMyeloma
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers for the first time are able to show the past, present, and future of CLL tumors.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber scientists have demonstrated a new strategy for treating autoimmune disease that successfully blocked the development of rheumatoid arthritis in a mouse model. They say it holds promise for improved treatment of arthritis and other autoimmune disorders in people.
Tags: BasicResearch, ImmuneSystem
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers have identified two mutations that collectively occur in 71 percent of malignant melanoma tumors. These highly "recurrent" mutations may be the most common mutations in melanoma cells found to date.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Melanoma
- Scientists from Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute have identified two DNA mutations that appear to drive about 15 percent of meningiomas, a finding that could lead to the first effective drug treatments for the brain tumor.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy, BrainTumors
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber scientists have discovered a molecular switch that enables advanced prostate cancers to spread without stimulation by male hormones, a finding that could serve as a treatment target for castration-resistant prostate cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center have taken the first preliminary steps toward developing a form of gene therapy for sickle cell disease.
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
Showing 11-20 of 115 items