News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber scientists have safely shut down breast cancer and a form of leukemia in mice by targeting abnormal proteins to which the cancers are "addicted."
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Leukemia
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- In one of the largest breast cancer sequencing efforts to date, scientists from Dana-Farber and their colleagues have discovered surprising alterations in genes that were not previously associated with breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Scientists from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and their colleagues have found a genetic marker that predicts which aggressive "triple negative" breast cancers and certain ovarian cancers will likely respond to platinum-based chemotherapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- A new discovery by Jean Zhao, PhD, and colleagues may help physicians predict which tumors are likely to become resistant to a given drug. In the report, published by Nature Medicine, researchers described how they created a genetically engineered mouse model of human breast cancer in which the most frequently occurring breast cancer oncogene, PIK3CA, could be turned on and off.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Although it sounds like a case of gender confusion on a molecular scale, the male hormone androgen spurs the growth of some breast tumors in women. In a new study, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute provide the first details of the cancer cell machinery that carries out the hormone’s relentless growth orders.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated a molecular strategy that they say could make a much larger variety of tumors treatable with PARP inhibitors, a promising new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Wendy Y. Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber, has conducted research that shows that food-based soy is safe to eat for breast cancer patients and survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, and colleagues identified a network of growth-spurring genes that drive stem-like breast cancer cells enriched in triple-negative breast tumors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- The committee will help the CDC develop evidence-based approaches to advance the understanding and awareness of breast cancer among young women.
Showing 11-20 of 37 items