News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Although it sounds like a case of gender confusion on a molecular scale, the male hormone androgen spurs the growth of some breast tumors in women. In a new study, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute provide the first details of the cancer cell machinery that carries out the hormone’s relentless growth orders.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated a molecular strategy that they say could make a much larger variety of tumors treatable with PARP inhibitors, a promising new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Wendy Y. Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber, has conducted research that shows that food-based soy is safe to eat for breast cancer patients and survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, and colleagues identified a network of growth-spurring genes that drive stem-like breast cancer cells enriched in triple-negative breast tumors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- The committee will help the CDC develop evidence-based approaches to advance the understanding and awareness of breast cancer among young women.
- Younger women are more likely to be diagnosed with later-stage breast
cancer, and treatment may affect fertility. Dana-Farber's specialized
program addresses the unique needs of these patients.
- Results of the study show greater efforts are needed to ensure that all
women receive the most effective breast cancer care, regardless of their
race or ethnicity.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities
- Combination of cell-killing drug and monoclonal antibody slowed or
halted tumor growth in almost half a group of patients whose cancers had
become resistant to standard treatments.
Tags: Antibody, BreastCancer
- Breast cancer risk and prevention experts comment on new guidelines
suggesting women ages 40 to 49 do not need regular breast cancer
- The new van features digital imaging to provide more accurate breast cancer screenings to women in Boston-area communities.
Showing 11-20 of 32 items