News tagged ‘OvarianCancer’ clear
- A new Dana-Farber Cancer Institute study suggests there is a direct connection between high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) and fallopian tubes. The finding could aid in the development of better treatments for the cancer.
Tags: OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center has joined forces with the
Massachusetts Chapter of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition and The
M. Patricia Cronin Foundation to launch a month-long campaign to promote
ovarian cancer awareness.
- One of the shortcomings of a therapy that uses millions of
identical antibodies to boost the immune system's attack on cancer cells
is that many patients whose tumors recede in response to the treatment
also experience serious inflammatory problems, such as severe diarrhea
and rashes. In a new study, a team led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
researchers shows that giving periodic infusions of such "monoclonal"
antibodies to patients who have received a widely used cancer vaccine
unleashes a strong immune response to tumors, with less-harsh side
Tags: Melanoma, OvarianCancer, TargetedTherapy
- On Sept. 6 at Boston City Hall Plaza, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center, along with a coalition of six organizations, launched a month-long campaign to promote ovarian cancer awareness. The group, known as OvarianCancerAwareness.org, is dedicated to educating the public about the subtle symptoms of ovarian cancer to promote early detection.
- A widely used diabetes drug dramatically boosted the potency of
platinum-based cancer drugs when administered together to a variety of
cancer cell lines and to mice with tumors, scientists from Dana-Farber
Tags: LungCancer, OvarianCancer
Showing 11-16 of 16 items