News tagged ‘StemCellTransplant’ clear
- Researchers report that patients with high-risk acute AML who received a
cancer vaccine after a stem cell transplant had few complications and
mounted a strong immune system attack on the disease.
Tags: StemCellTransplant, Leukemia
- The program is one of only three nationwide that consistently
outperformed the expected one-year survival rate for unrelated donor
stem cell transplants in the US.
- An analysis of two dozen clinical studies finds most adults with
poor-risk and intermediate-risk acute myeloid leukemia benefit from
allogeneic stem cell transplants.
Tags: BasicResearch, StemCellTransplant, Leukemia
- November is National Marrow Awareness month, and Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute is encouraging people to help save lives by registering to be a
potential bone marrow donor.
- A Dana-Farber study challenges the hypothesis that "cancer stem cells" —
a small number of self-renewing cells within a tumor — are responsible
for breast cancer progression and recurrence, and that wiping out these
cells alone could cure the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, StemCellTransplant
Showing 11-15 of 15 items