News tagged ‘Disparities’ clear
- Strong social connections may make it harder for some people who live in low-income, minority communities to lead a healthy lifestyle,
report Dana-Farber and Harvard School of Public Health researchers.
Tags: Exercise, Disparities, Prevention
- When the eye cancer retinoblastoma is diagnosed in racial and ethnic minority children whose families don't have private health insurance, it often takes a more invasive course than in other children, probably because of delays in diagnosis, according to researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center in Boston.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Disparities
- Dana-Farber has opened a mammography suite within the Whittier Street Health Center, located in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities, Imaging
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman led the effort in determining which cancer drugs should be included in the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.
- Disparities in outcomes for children with retinoblastoma — a rare eye tumor usually discovered in routine pediatric check-ups — suggest unequal access to primary care, researchers from Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center report in a study published in the journal JAMA Pediatrics. Although virtually all the children in the study survived, Hispanic children and children who lived in disadvantaged areas were more likely to lose an eye due to late diagnosis.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, ChildhoodCancerSurvivorship, Disparities
Showing 11-15 of 15 items