News tagged ‘ImmuneSystem’ clear
- A clinical trial for advanced melanoma caused growths to recede or stabilize in half of the participants by blocking a protein interaction that prevents T cells from attacking cancerous cells, reports lead author Stephen Hodi, MD.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Melanoma
- Dana-Farber scientists have demonstrated a new strategy for treating autoimmune disease that successfully blocked the development of rheumatoid arthritis in a mouse model. They say it holds promise for improved treatment of arthritis and other autoimmune disorders in people.
- Dana-Farber scientists report in the Journal of Clinical Investigation they have developed a tumor vaccine based on the patient’s tumor to create a strong and selective immune response in some chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber/Boston Children's researchers reported promising outcomes data for the first group of boys with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome (SCID-X1), a fatal genetic immunodeficiency also known as "bubble boy" disease, who were treated in an international clinical study of a new form of gene therapy.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, ImmuneSystem, Genetics, Leukemia
- A new study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators demonstrates that vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by perking up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells.
Tags: ColonCancer, ImmuneSystem
Showing 11-15 of 15 items