News tagged ‘LungCancer’ clear
- The National Cancer Institute today released initial results from a large-scale test of screening methods to reduce deaths from lung cancer by detecting cancers at relatively early stages.
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- By conducting simultaneous clinical trials in patients and labs, Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues have been able to predict how patients with non-small cell lung cancer respond to combination therapy.
Tags: LungCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Adding Avastin to standard chemotherapy treatment may not improve survival rates for people with non-small cell lung cancer aged 65 plus, according to Dana-Farber researchers, who further suggest that clinicians exercise caution in including the drug in treatment recommendations.
Tags: chemotherapy, LungCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers report a novel compound has become the first targeted therapy to benefit patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 24 items