News tagged ‘ProstateCancer’ clear
- Researchers from the Broad Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and
Weill Cornell Medical College have laid bare the full genetic blueprint
of multiple prostate tumors, uncovering alterations that have never
before been detected and offering a deep view of the genetic missteps
that underlie the disease.
Tags: Genomics, ProstateCancer
- New research from the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
shows that newer, more expensive treatment options for prostate cancer
were adopted rapidly and widely during 2002–2005 without proof of their
- Dr. Philip Kantoff says the United States Preventive Services Task Force's conclusion that prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing provides limited value is the wrong message.
- Hormone-blocking therapy for prostate cancer doesn’t raise the risk of fatal heart attacks - as some recent studies had suggested - according to a new report from Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer
- A new SU2C and Prostate Cancer Foundation Dream Team, dedicated to advanced prostate cancer research, includes two Dana-Farber researchers among scientists from leading prostate cancer centers in the U.S. and England.
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated that a hormone-depleting drug can help eliminate or nearly eliminate aggressive prostate cancers that have yet to spread beyond the prostate.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Dana-Farber scientists have discovered a molecular switch that enables advanced prostate cancers to spread without stimulation by male hormones, a finding that could serve as a treatment target for castration-resistant prostate cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- Researchers at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center report a small percentage of men in a prostate cancer study complained that their penis seemed shorter following treatment, causing them to regret the type of treatment they chose.
Tags: ProstateCancer, PopulationScience
Showing 11-18 of 18 items