News tagged ‘Survivorship’ clear
- Coping with cancer during the holidays can turn the season from joyful to stressful and full of anxiety. Here's some advice to help patients and their friends and family cope and celebrate this season.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations shows rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women continued to decline between 2000 and 2009. The findings come from the latest Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer
Tags: CervicalCancer, Prevention, Survivorship, HeadNeckCancers, GynecologicCancers
- Dana-Farber launches a free, easy-to-use Apple iPhone® app that provides recipes and nutrition information that can be searched by cancer patients, cancer survivors, their families, and anyone who wants to have a healthy diet.
Tags: Nutrition, PatientSupport, Prevention, Survivorship
- What better way to say "I love you" than with a delicious and healthy meal. Chef Frank McClelland of Boston's four-star restaurant L'Espalier contributes recipes to this romantic dinner. All recipes are available in Dana-Farber's Health Library.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention, Survivorship
- During National Nutrition Month®, the nutrition team at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute reminds everyone that maintaining a healthy diet that is rich in plant-based foods is one of the best ways to help prevent cancer. Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN, a nutritionist at Dana-Farber, discusses five of her favorite cancer-fighting foods.
Tags: Nutrition, Survivorship
- A new report showing that breast cancer patients treated with low doses of radiation therapy have a heightened risk of heart disease suggests that physicians need to work with patients before, during, and after treatment to minimize that risk.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation, Survivorship
Showing 11-16 of 16 items