News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Pediatric patients with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are likely to relapse after chemotherapy treatment can reduce those odds by receiving additional courses of chemotherapy, according to research by Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center investigators.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center physicians and nurses are collaborating to create an Egypt-based fellowship training program in pediatric oncology.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Partnerships
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Justin Bieber's date with young brain tumor patient Avalanna Routh has focused attention on atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor, or AT/RT. Mark Kieran, MD, PhD, of Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center, discusses this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Tens of thousands of childhood cancer survivors are now in their 20s, 30s, and beyond, facing life-long risks of treatment-related health issues. Increasingly, primary care physicians will need to be knowledgeable about symptoms and complaints that might be related to cancer treatments their patients received decades ago.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship, Leukemia
- When Charlie was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 4, his mother sent regular email updates to her large family and circle of friends. Her reflections grew into a touching chronicle of four years in the life of a child with cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, PatientVideos, Leukemia
- Researchers at Dana-Farber and Children's Hospital Boston have shown that changes in the structure of DNA are responsible for hard-to-treat MLL leukemia – and that it's possible to reverse this process.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
Showing 11-20 of 33 items