News tagged ‘LungCancer’ clear
- Adding Avastin to standard chemotherapy treatment may not improve survival rates for people with non-small cell lung cancer aged 65 plus, according to Dana-Farber researchers, who further suggest that clinicians exercise caution in including the drug in treatment recommendations.
Tags: chemotherapy, LungCancer
- By conducting simultaneous clinical trials in patients and labs, Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues have been able to predict how patients with non-small cell lung cancer respond to combination therapy.
Tags: LungCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- The National Cancer Institute today released initial results from a large-scale test of screening methods to reduce deaths from lung cancer by detecting cancers at relatively early stages.
- The study found African Americans are more likely to hold perceptions that could interfere with prevention and treatment and indicate a need for improved public health communication about lung cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- Identifying patients with a specific gene mutation that enables drug
resistance, and treating them with a combination of drugs, may produce
longer remissions, say researchers.
Tags: EGFR, LungCancer
- Researchers have halted non-small cell lung tumors resistant to Iressa
and Tarceva with a newly constructed compound that may also have fewer
Tags: DrugResistance, LungCancer
- Researchers at Boston cancer centers have found that a combination of
kinase inhibitors may lead to future treatments for lung cancer, colon
cancer, and prostate tumors.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer
Showing 11-20 of 26 items