- Adding Avastin to standard chemotherapy treatment may not improve survival rates for people with non-small cell lung cancer aged 65 plus, according to Dana-Farber researchers, who further suggest that clinicians exercise caution in including the drug in treatment recommendations.
Tags: chemotherapy, LungCancer
- In a nationwide study of women with triple-negative breast cancer, adding the chemotherapy drug carboplatin or the angiogenesis inhibitor Avastin to standard chemotherapy drugs brought a sharp increase in the number of patients whose tumors shrank away completely.
Tags: chemotherapy, BreastCancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report findings from a nationwide study that suggest that advanced lung or colorectal cancer patients are frequently mistaken in their beliefs that chemotherapy can cure their disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, EndOfLife
- Dana-Farber researchers report that advanced pancreatic cancers are dependent on the continued expression of a mutant oncogene that "rewires" key metabolic pathways, which suggests that these altered pathways might be potential targets for future drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, PancreaticCancer
- The study found African Americans are more likely to hold perceptions that could interfere with prevention and treatment and indicate a need for improved public health communication about lung cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- In a new study, Dana-Farber scientists disprove a century-old theory
about why cancer cells often have too many or too few chromosomes, and
show that the actual reason may hold the key to a novel approach to
- Dana-Farber study shows patients with MDS in the 66-to-74 age range fared as well with stem cell transplantation as did patients in the 60-to-65 age range.
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- Founding chair of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® notes Dana-Farber's presence "on the cutting edge of breast cancer."
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
Showing 11-20 of 570 items