News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers find that physicians surveyed advise against
private blood banking of umbilical cord blood unless another family
member is at risk for a blood disease.
- Dana-Farber and Broad Institute researchers for the first time are able to show the past, present, and future of CLL tumors.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics, Leukemia
- Research shows ability to damage cancer cell DNA and prevent cells from
initiating a rest-and-repair process, causing them to self-destruct.
- Dana-Farber scientists have linked genetic variants to the regulation of genes involved in breast cancer, including four genes not previously implicated in breast cancer, shedding new insights into the biology of breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Deprived of androgen hormones, the receptor finds an alternative genetic
pathway to continue growth of prostate cancer cells. An understanding
of this behavior could lead to new therapies targeting specific genes.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer, Genetics
- Understanding the details of T cell activation opens the way to development of better immune-based therapies against viral infections and cancers.
- A new Dana-Farber study shows a “big picture” view of an overactive B cell receptor (BCR) signaling pathway that drives about one-third of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas, which could lead to more promising genetic targets for drug development.
Tags: BasicResearch, Lymphoma
- Dana-Farber researchers detail how low doses of interleukin-2 (IL-2) can alleviate chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and possibly lead to better treatment for other immune disorders.
Tags: BasicResearch, GraftVersusHost
- Evidence suggests normal cells in bone marrow reduce cancerous cells' ability to undergo apoptosis.
- A combination of two drugs may alleviate radiation sickness in people who have been exposed to high levels of radiation, even when the therapy is given a day after the exposure occurred, according to a study led by scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children's Hospital Boston
Tags: BasicResearch, Radiation
Showing 11-20 of 120 items