News tagged ‘Genetics’ clear
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers have identified previously unknown
mutations in a single gene in 8 percent of neuroblastomas, which account
for around 15 percent of all childhood cancer deaths.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- Dana-Farber scientists show a previously unsuspected gene can
also influence transcription factors and potentially disable tumor
Tags: ColonCancer, Genetics
- Scanning the DNA of nearly 5,000 tumor samples, a team led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute has identified 140 regions of scrambled genetic code believed to contain many undiscovered cancer genes.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- A team led by Dana-Farber scientists has developed a more human-like
mouse model of cancer they say will aid the search for cancer-causing
genes and improve the predictive value of laboratory drug testing.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have developed a tool to help predict how a patient’s tumor is likely to behave and which of several possible treatments is most likely to be effective.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics
- The most comprehensive genetic study to date of the blood cancer multiple myeloma has revealed that the genetic landscape of the disease may be more complicated than previously thought.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma, Genetics
- Scientists have catalogued more than 5,000 tumor DNA profiles in a database of genetic abnormalities in cancer, a resource aimed at tailoring highly specific drugs to the particular genetic mutations and other abnormalities that drive a patient's cancer.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 33 items