News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- Stand Up To Cancer announced the second round of awards for its Innovative Research Grants Program, naming the 13 young scientists who will receive a combined $9.74 million to conduct high-risk/high-reward translational cancer research. Dana-Farber's Catherine J. Wu, MD, is one of the recipients.
Tags: Grants, Honors, Prevention, Leukemia
- The grants support high-risk, high-reward research that utilizes new
ideas and new approaches to solve critical problems in cancer research.
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber has been named a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organization.
Tags: Honors, PatientSupport
- Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been named as a recipient of the prestigious Paul Marks Prize for Cancer Research, which recognizes promising investigators aged 45 or younger who are advancing the field of cancer research.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, Genetics
- David G. Nathan, MD, president emeritus of Dana-Farber, was bestowed with the highest honor give by the American Society of Hematology: the Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology.
- Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, an internationally recognized leader in clinical and translational research on breast cancer, has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
Tags: BreastCancer, Honors, Genetics
- Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. will recognize George Canellos, MD, an
internationally renowned hematology/oncology expert at Dana Farber
Cancer Institute, for his work in the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's
disease and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Tags: Honors, Lymphoma
- Carl Novina, MD, PhD, a researcher in the Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, is one of 10 scientists chosen to receive a 2014 National Institutes of Health Pioneer Award, which funds bold and innovative research proposals to attack challenging biomedical problems.
Showing 11-20 of 39 items