News tagged ‘LungCancer’ clear
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- An international research team, led by investigators from the
Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer Center and Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute, has found a new way that some lung tumors become
resistant to treatment with targeted therapy drugs like Iressa and
- Collaborating scientists in Boston and North Carolina have found that a
particular gene can block key steps of the lung cancer process in mice.
The researchers report in the journal Nature that LKB1
is not only a "tumor-suppressor" gene for non-small cell lung cancer in
mice, it also may be more powerful than other, better-known
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- A collaborative study involving Dana-Farber researchers has
unearthed a variety of genetic alterations in lung tumors, more than
doubling the number already linked to the disease.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A widely used diabetes drug dramatically boosted the potency of
platinum-based cancer drugs when administered together to a variety of
cancer cell lines and to mice with tumors, scientists from Dana-Farber
Tags: LungCancer, OvarianCancer
- Jessie M. English, PhD, has been appointed the head of Research of the Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science at Dana-Farber. The Belfer Institute offers the full array of innovative drug discovery capabilities, from the identification of cancer-causing genetic mutations to the validation and selection of new drug targets.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch
- The National Cancer Institute today released initial results from a large-scale test of screening methods to reduce deaths from lung cancer by detecting cancers at relatively early stages.
- Researchers at Boston cancer centers have found that a combination of
kinase inhibitors may lead to future treatments for lung cancer, colon
cancer, and prostate tumors.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer
Showing 11-20 of 25 items