News tagged ‘LungCancer’ clear
- Researchers have halted non-small cell lung tumors resistant to Iressa
and Tarceva with a newly constructed compound that may also have fewer
Tags: DrugResistance, LungCancer
- A study 10 years ago discovered a gene mutation that could be treated by a drug that was on the market for something else and changed the way lung cancer patients are treated. It was the start of the era of precision medicine in lung cancer and transformed treatment of the disease.
Tags: EGFR, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- An international research team, led by investigators from the
Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer Center and Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute, has found a new way that some lung tumors become
resistant to treatment with targeted therapy drugs like Iressa and
- Collaborating scientists in Boston and North Carolina have found that a
particular gene can block key steps of the lung cancer process in mice.
The researchers report in the journal Nature that LKB1
is not only a "tumor-suppressor" gene for non-small cell lung cancer in
mice, it also may be more powerful than other, better-known
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- A collaborative study involving Dana-Farber researchers has
unearthed a variety of genetic alterations in lung tumors, more than
doubling the number already linked to the disease.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
- Bruce Johnson, MD, the director of the Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, sorts out the facts about lung cancer and offers simple ways to reduce risk.
Tags: LungCancer, Smoking, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A new study shows about half of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients whose tumors no longer responded to conventional targeted drugs had their tumors shrink after receiving a new, more precisely targeted agent.
Tags: EGFR, LungCancer
Showing 11-20 of 31 items