News tagged ‘ProstateCancer’ clear
- New research from the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
shows that newer, more expensive treatment options for prostate cancer
were adopted rapidly and widely during 2002–2005 without proof of their
- Dana-Farber researchers find many men with low-risk, localized prostate cancers can safely choose observation instead of undergoing immediate treatment and have a better quality of life while reducing health care costs.
Tags: ProstateCancer, PopulationScience
- Hormone-blocking therapy for prostate cancer doesn’t raise the risk of fatal heart attacks - as some recent studies had suggested - according to a new report from Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer
- Dr. Philip Kantoff says the United States Preventive Services Task Force's conclusion that prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing provides limited value is the wrong message.
- A new blood test increases the accuracy of prostate cancer diagnosis and
could eliminate tens of thousands of unneeded prostate biopsies
annually, Dana-Farber researchers report.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated that a hormone-depleting drug can help eliminate or nearly eliminate aggressive prostate cancers that have yet to spread beyond the prostate.
Tags: Hormones, ProstateCancer, TranslationalResearch
- Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues report that men with newly diagnosed metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer lived more than a year longer when they received a chemotherapy drug as initial treatment instead of waiting for the disease to become resistant to hormone-blockers.
- Prostate tumors that carry a "signature" of four molecular markers have
the potential to become dangerously metastatic if not treated
aggressively, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report in an
online study published by the journal Nature.
Tags: ProstateCancer, Genetics
- Practice-changing clinical research conducted at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology was featured at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting Plenary Session.
Tags: BreastCancer, ProstateCancer
Showing 11-20 of 23 items