News tagged ‘StemCellTransplant’ clear
- Almost two-thirds of children who receive stem cell transplants are readmitted to the hospital within six months, according to researchers at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center in Boston.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant
- Dana-Farber researchers found that adding bortezomib to initial treatment for chronic graft-versus-host disease allowed significant reduction of steroid medication in some patients.
Tags: GraftVersusHost, StemCellTransplant
- Dana-Farber researchers found that an experimental drug combination for preventing graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) was not significantly better than the standard regimen of care, but that the new combination could provide an alternative that could be preferable in certain scenarios.
Tags: GraftVersusHost, StemCellTransplant, Leukemia
- An innovative experimental treatment for boosting the effectiveness of stem-cell transplants with umbilical cord blood has a favorable safety profile in long-term animal studies, according to Dana-Farber's Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD.
- A novel drug proved more effective than standard treatment in patients
who had life-threatening blockages in tiny blood vessels in the liver
following stem-cell transplants.
- The program is one of only three nationwide that consistently
outperformed the expected one-year survival rate for unrelated donor
stem cell transplants in the US.
- When Charlie was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 4, his mother sent regular email updates to her large family and circle of friends. Her reflections grew into a touching chronicle of four years in the life of a child with cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, PatientVideos, Leukemia
- November is National Marrow Awareness month, and Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute is encouraging people to help save lives by registering to be a
potential bone marrow donor.
- Dana-Farber study shows patients with MDS in the 66-to-74 age range fared as well with stem cell transplantation as did patients in the 60-to-65 age range.
Showing 11-19 of 19 items