News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- Researchers studying a rare, always fatal brain tumor in children have found several molecular alterations that drive the cancer, according to a new study from scientists at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center and McGill University. The findings, published in Nature Genetics, identify potential new targets for drug treatments.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, BrainTumors
- Researchers have found a way to defeat one of the most tantalizing yet elusive target proteins in cancer cells by turning the protein's own molecular machinations against it. In a study published online by the journal Cell, the scientists used a specially crafted compound to disrupt the protein's ability to rev up its own production and that of other proteins involved in tumor cell growth.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, TargetedTherapy, TranscriptionFactors
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- In a demonstration that even some of the most hard-to-treat
tumors may one day succumb to therapies aimed at molecular "weak
points," researchers at Dana-Farber report the first instance in which
metastatic melanoma has been driven into remission by a targeted
Tags: Melanoma, TargetedTherapy
- A study 10 years ago discovered a gene mutation that could be treated by a drug that was on the market for something else and changed the way lung cancer patients are treated. It was the start of the era of precision medicine in lung cancer and transformed treatment of the disease.
Tags: EGFR, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, and colleagues are leading a pilot phase 2 clinical trial to test the feasibility of the targeted drug palbociclib combined with endocrine therapy as adjuvant therapy for stage II and III breast cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A study by researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute shows that not all doctors are ready to embrace tests that look for hundreds of DNA changes in patients' tumor samples, while others plan to offer this type of cancer gene testing to most of their patients.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber researchers report in the New England Journal of Medicine that ibrutinib, a newly approved drug for Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia, continues to control the rare blood cancer, with 95 percent of patients surviving for two years.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, TranslationalResearch, Lymphoma
Showing 11-20 of 49 items