News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- In a demonstration that even some of the most hard-to-treat
tumors may one day succumb to therapies aimed at molecular "weak
points," researchers at Dana-Farber report the first instance in which
metastatic melanoma has been driven into remission by a targeted
Tags: Melanoma, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Regorafenib was found to reduce the risk of disease progression or death by more than 70 percent in patients whose tumors had become resistant to Gleevec and Sutent.
Tags: DrugResistance, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- A targeted drug that reduces blood flow to tumors prolonged the survival of patients with advanced stomach cancer after standard treatments failed, according to results of large multicenter clinical trial led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: chemotherapy, TargetedTherapy
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A new targeted drug demonstrated its ability to control metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies, report investigators at Dana-Farber who led the worldwide clinical trial.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- A new oral drug caused dramatic shrinkage of a patient's rare,
aggressive form of soft-tissue cancer that was driven by an abnormally
activated protein, physician-scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Tags: Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center has awarded Dana-Farber Cancer Institute a $10 million grant to support the expansion of its pioneering cancer imaging research program with a new imaging facility which will support more rapid assessment of therapies and play a key role in the delivery of personalized medicine.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants, TargetedTherapy, Imaging
- Scientists have catalogued more than 5,000 tumor DNA profiles in a database of genetic abnormalities in cancer, a resource aimed at tailoring highly specific drugs to the particular genetic mutations and other abnormalities that drive a patient's cancer.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 27 items