News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- In a study published in the journal Nature, researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and an international team of associates used a technique involving viral proteins to prioritize which of the many mutated genes in tumor cells are likely involved in cancer and which are mere bystanders.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- A gene whose existence was detected only a couple of years ago may
increase women's risk of breast cancer when inherited in a mutated form,
and may contribute to prostate cancer as well, researchers at
Dana-Farber and colleagues in Finland report in a new study.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, Genetics
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
- A collaborative study involving Dana-Farber researchers has
unearthed a variety of genetic alterations in lung tumors, more than
doubling the number already linked to the disease.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
- Scientists have catalogued more than 5,000 tumor DNA profiles in a database of genetic abnormalities in cancer, a resource aimed at tailoring highly specific drugs to the particular genetic mutations and other abnormalities that drive a patient's cancer.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A genetic survey of glioblastoma reveals a variety of broken, missing,
and overactive genes, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, BrainTumors
- The search for cancer genes is increasingly a matter of molecular
"To Tell the Truth," as scientists seek to distinguish genes actually
involved in the disease from those that are imposters.
Tags: Genomics, BrainTumors
- A team led by Dana-Farber scientists has developed a more human-like
mouse model of cancer they say will aid the search for cancer-causing
genes and improve the predictive value of laboratory drug testing.
Tags: Genomics, Genetics
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
Showing 11-20 of 38 items