News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- A new report showing that breast cancer patients treated with low doses of radiation therapy have a heightened risk of heart disease suggests that physicians need to work with patients before, during, and after treatment to minimize that risk.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation, Survivorship
- Ursula Matulonis, MD, and colleagues report a two-drug combination that disrupts critical signaling circuits in cancer cells has produced an observable benefit in patients with recurrent high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSC) or triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC).
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer
- Using a novel three-part screening process, scientists at Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute have identified a gene that is made inappropriately in
about a third of all breast cancers. The discovery, reached in
collaboration with researchers at Brigham and Womens Hospital (BWH) and
the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, is reported in the June 15,
2007, issue of the journal Cell.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- In a new study, women with relatively small, HER2-positive breast tumors who received a combination of lower-intensity chemotherapy and a targeted therapy following surgery or radiation therapy were very unlikely to have the cancer recur within a few years of treatment.
Tags: chemotherapy, BreastCancer, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber has opened a mammography suite within the Whittier Street Health Center, located in Boston's Roxbury neighborhood.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities, Imaging
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- Breast cancer risk and prevention experts comment on new guidelines
suggesting women ages 40 to 49 do not need regular breast cancer
- Practice-changing clinical research conducted at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology was featured at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting Plenary Session.
Tags: BreastCancer, ProstateCancer
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, and colleagues identified a network of growth-spurring genes that drive stem-like breast cancer cells enriched in triple-negative breast tumors.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
- Younger women are more likely to be diagnosed with later-stage breast
cancer, and treatment may affect fertility. Dana-Farber's specialized
program addresses the unique needs of these patients.
Showing 11-20 of 47 items