News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- When the eye cancer retinoblastoma is diagnosed in racial and ethnic minority children whose families don't have private health insurance, it often takes a more invasive course than in other children, probably because of delays in diagnosis, according to researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center in Boston.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Disparities
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Researchers at Dana-Farber and Children's Hospital Boston have shown that changes in the structure of DNA are responsible for hard-to-treat MLL leukemia – and that it's possible to reverse this process.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- Physicians who inform parents of children with cancer about the likely
course of the disease can provide hope, even when the child's prognosis
is poor, according to a Dana-Farber Cancer Institute study presented at a
press briefing at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual
- An irregularity within many neuroblastoma cells may indicate whether the tumor is vulnerable to a new class of anti-cancer drugs known as BET bromodomain inhibitors.
- Pediatric patients with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are likely to relapse after chemotherapy treatment can reduce those odds by receiving additional courses of chemotherapy, according to research by Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center investigators.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber/Boston Children's researchers reported promising outcomes data for the first group of boys with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome (SCID-X1), a fatal genetic immunodeficiency also known as "bubble boy" disease, who were treated in an international clinical study of a new form of gene therapy.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, ImmuneSystem, Genetics, Leukemia
- Justin Bieber's date with young brain tumor patient Avalanna Routh has focused attention on atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor, or AT/RT. Mark Kieran, MD, PhD, of Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center, discusses this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
Showing 11-20 of 40 items