News tagged ‘ColonCancer’ clear
- Research led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute showed a new drug combination lengthened the lives of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, all of whom had exhausted available standard treatments.
- According to a new study led by Dana-Farber researchers, patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who had high levels of vitamin D in their bloodstream prior to treatment with chemotherapy and targeted drugs, survived longer, on average, than patients with lower levels of the vitamin.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- The vast majority of advanced colon cancer patients in a clinical trial
were not concerned about the cost of prescription drugs, according to a
study led by Dana-Farber researchers.
Tags: chemotherapy, ColonCancer
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute researchers report that when people with a family history of colorectal cancer develop the disease, their tumors often carry a molecular sign that the cancer could be life-threatening.
- Research explores why people with surgically removed colorectal cancer
who are overweight, physically inactive, and follow a Western-pattern
diet may have increased risk of dying from the disease or other causes.
- An observational study is among the first to show that aspirin can
improve survival in colorectal cancer patients who started taking
aspirin following diagnosis.
- Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute researchers have found high levels of the bacterium Fusobacterium in colorectal cancers, a sign that it might contribute to the disease and potentially lead to further research.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Genomics
- Dana-Farber scientists show a previously unsuspected gene can
also influence transcription factors and potentially disable tumor
Tags: ColonCancer, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 28 items