News tagged ‘Genomics’ clear
- Levi Garraway, MD, PhD, has been named as a recipient of the prestigious Paul Marks Prize for Cancer Research, which recognizes promising investigators aged 45 or younger who are advancing the field of cancer research.
Tags: Genomics, Honors, Genetics
- In a study published in the journal Nature, researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and an international team of associates used a technique involving viral proteins to prioritize which of the many mutated genes in tumor cells are likely involved in cancer and which are mere bystanders.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics
- A gene whose existence was detected only a couple of years ago may
increase women's risk of breast cancer when inherited in a mutated form,
and may contribute to prostate cancer as well, researchers at
Dana-Farber and colleagues in Finland report in a new study.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, Genetics
- Dana-Farber researchers and colleagues completed a comprehensive genomic analysis of cervical cancer, identifying recurrent genetic mutations not previously found and shedding light on the role human papillomavirus (HPV) plays in the development of the disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, CervicalCancer, Genomics
- The Joint Center for Cancer Precision Medicine, a collaborative initiative among Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, has been established to create “precision medicine treatment pathways” for patients with advanced cancers and to speed the development of personalized therapies.
Tags: Genomics, Partnerships, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
- A collaborative study involving Dana-Farber researchers has
unearthed a variety of genetic alterations in lung tumors, more than
doubling the number already linked to the disease.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer
- Scientists publish the first comprehensive catalog of genetic mutations and other abnormal changes found in 279 cancers of the head and neck, identifying several broken molecular pathways that might be targeted by existing and future cancer drugs.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, HeadNeckCancers
- Scientists have catalogued more than 5,000 tumor DNA profiles in a database of genetic abnormalities in cancer, a resource aimed at tailoring highly specific drugs to the particular genetic mutations and other abnormalities that drive a patient's cancer.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 49 items