News tagged ‘ImmuneSystem’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers have found that the basic cause of age-related
health decline is malfunctioning telomeres — the end-caps on cells'
chromosomes that protect them against DNA damage.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Genetics
- A section of the AIDS virus's protein envelope known as the V3 loop and
once considered an improbable target for a vaccine now appears to be one
of the most promising, according to research authored by Dana-Farber's
Ruth Ruprecht, MD, PhD.
Tags: BasicResearch, ImmuneSystem
- Dana-Farber scientists report in the Journal of Clinical Investigation they have developed a tumor vaccine based on the patient’s tumor to create a strong and selective immune response in some chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients.
Tags: ImmuneSystem, Leukemia
- A new study by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute investigators demonstrates that vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by perking up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells.
Tags: ColonCancer, ImmuneSystem
- Answering one of the oldest questions in human physiology, researchers
at Dana-Farber have discovered why the body's immune system —
perpetually on guard against foreign microbes like bacteria — doesn't
attack tissues in the small intestine that harbor millions of bacteria
Showing 11-15 of 15 items