News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- A new oral drug caused dramatic shrinkage of a patient's rare,
aggressive form of soft-tissue cancer that was driven by an abnormally
activated protein, physician-scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer
Tags: Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- A new targeted drug demonstrated its ability to control metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies, report investigators at Dana-Farber who led the worldwide clinical trial.
Tags: KinaseInhibitor, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network has identified a large number and variety of DNA alterations in squamous cell lung cancer tumors, which could serve as potential therapeutic targets for treating the second most common type of lung cancer.
Tags: Genomics, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- A targeted drug that reduces blood flow to tumors prolonged the survival of patients with advanced stomach cancer after standard treatments failed, according to results of large multicenter clinical trial led by scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: chemotherapy, TargetedTherapy
- Regorafenib was found to reduce the risk of disease progression or death by more than 70 percent in patients whose tumors had become resistant to Gleevec and Sutent.
Tags: DrugResistance, Sarcoma, TargetedTherapy
- Newly discovered gene mutations in certain non-small cell and colorectal cancers share similarities with other genetic abnormalities that are known to respond to targeted cancer treatments. This suggests that existing therapies, already approved, could be used to treat patients with these tumors.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, KinaseInhibitor, LungCancer, TargetedTherapy
- In a demonstration that even some of the most hard-to-treat
tumors may one day succumb to therapies aimed at molecular "weak
points," researchers at Dana-Farber report the first instance in which
metastatic melanoma has been driven into remission by a targeted
Tags: Melanoma, TargetedTherapy
- A new study by an international team of investigators led by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists is the first to demonstrate that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dana-Farber scientists found that pancreatic cancer cells' growth and spread are fueled by an unusual metabolic pathway that someday might be blocked with targeted drugs to control the deadly cancer.
Tags: PancreaticCancer, TargetedTherapy
Showing 11-20 of 27 items