News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- An irregularity within many neuroblastoma cells may indicate whether the tumor is vulnerable to a new class of anti-cancer drugs known as BET bromodomain inhibitors.
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Pediatric patients with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are likely to relapse after chemotherapy treatment can reduce those odds by receiving additional courses of chemotherapy, according to research by Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center investigators.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Leukemia
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center physicians and nurses are collaborating to create an Egypt-based fellowship training program in pediatric oncology.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Partnerships
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center researchers have linked genetic mutations to each of the four recognized subtypes of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor of children.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Genomics, BrainTumors
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Justin Bieber's date with young brain tumor patient Avalanna Routh has focused attention on atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor, or AT/RT. Mark Kieran, MD, PhD, of Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center, discusses this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- "Twinning" U.S.-based and Rwandan physicians in a team approach has shown to improve lymphoma outcomes in children in a country lacking any specialists in children's cancers.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
Showing 11-20 of 36 items