News tagged ‘ColonCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute researchers have found high levels of the bacterium Fusobacterium in colorectal cancers, a sign that it might contribute to the disease and potentially lead to further research.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Genomics
- Dana-Farber researchers have discovered how some cancer cells can evade the effect of cetuximab. This insight may explain why some cancers that initially respond to cetuximab become resistant to it, or how to overcome such resistance.
Tags: ColonCancer, EGFR, TargetedTherapy
- A protein biomarker may predict better chances of survival for obese patients with colorectal cancer, but it provided no prognostic value for non-obese patients, Dana-Farber researchers report.
- The reduced risk of colorectal cancer associated with taking aspirin or
NSAIDs may be confined to individuals already at risk because of
elevations in a particular inflammatory factor in the blood, researchers
at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Massachusetts General Hospital
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention
- Researchers found patients who engaged in moderate physical activity were 53 percent more likely to be free of colorectal cancer than those who were less physically active.
- An observational study is among the first to show that aspirin can
improve survival in colorectal cancer patients who started taking
aspirin following diagnosis.
- The vast majority of advanced colon cancer patients in a clinical trial
were not concerned about the cost of prescription drugs, according to a
study led by Dana-Farber researchers.
Tags: chemotherapy, ColonCancer
- A combination of chemotherapies for colon cancer decreases recurrence
for patients under 70, but not for those who are older, according to
Mayo Clinic and Dana-Farber scientists.
Tags: chemotherapy, BasicResearch, ColonCancer
- Research explores why people with surgically removed colorectal cancer
who are overweight, physically inactive, and follow a Western-pattern
diet may have increased risk of dying from the disease or other causes.
Showing 11-20 of 26 items