News tagged ‘ColonCancer’ clear
- Researchers found patients who engaged in moderate physical activity were 53 percent more likely to be free of colorectal cancer than those who were less physically active.
- An observational study is among the first to show that aspirin can
improve survival in colorectal cancer patients who started taking
aspirin following diagnosis.
- A combination of chemotherapies for colon cancer decreases recurrence
for patients under 70, but not for those who are older, according to
Mayo Clinic and Dana-Farber scientists.
Tags: chemotherapy, BasicResearch, ColonCancer
- The vast majority of advanced colon cancer patients in a clinical trial
were not concerned about the cost of prescription drugs, according to a
study led by Dana-Farber researchers.
Tags: chemotherapy, ColonCancer
- Research explores why people with surgically removed colorectal cancer
who are overweight, physically inactive, and follow a Western-pattern
diet may have increased risk of dying from the disease or other causes.
- Dana-Farber scientists show a previously unsuspected gene can
also influence transcription factors and potentially disable tumor
Tags: ColonCancer, Genetics
- Patients diagnosed with colon cancer who had abundant vitamin D
in their blood were less likely to die during a follow-up period than
those who were deficient in the vitamin, according to a new study by
scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have uncovered a cancer paradox: A
family history of colon or rectal cancer doubles one's risk of the
disease — but improves the odds of survival should the cancer develop.
- People with advanced colon cancer who have smoked cigarettes or
used other tobacco products for many years may have an increased risk
that their colon cancer will return, according to research by
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute scientists.
Tags: ColonCancer, Smoking
- Colon cancer patients who eat a diet high in red meat, fatty products,
refined grains, and desserts — a so-called "Western" diet — may be
increasing their chance of disease relapse and early death, report
researchers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: ColonCancer, Nutrition
Showing 11-20 of 21 items