News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Jane deLima Thomas, MD, a palliative care physician and associate director of the Harvard Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, is one of five U.S. physicians to receive the 2013 Hastings Center Cunniff-Dixon Physician Award.
Tags: EndOfLife, Honors
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals guide has ranked Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center the top cancer center in New England and fifth overall in the country.
- During Oncology Nursing Month, Dana-Farber proudly recognizes its dedicated, expert nursing professionals, who serve many functions along the continuum of care. Our nurses also received recognition from national peers and local patients.
- William G. Kaelin, Jr., MD, received the 2012 American Society for Clinical Investigation’s Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award in recognition of his contributions to the molecular understanding of cellular oxygen sensing and cellular adaptation to hypoxia.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- The American Association for Cancer Research named Alan D. D'Andrea, MD, the recipient of the 52nd Annual AACR G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award for his work in understanding cancer survival and progression.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- David G. Nathan, MD, president emeritus of Dana-Farber, was bestowed with the highest honor give by the American Society of Hematology: the Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology.
- Boston magazine has named 56 physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to its Top Doctors guide. Published in the magazine’s December issue, the Top Doctors list consists of 650 Boston-area physicians from 57 medical specialties.
Showing 11-20 of 36 items