News tagged ‘Survivorship’ clear
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations shows rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women continued to decline between 2000 and 2009. The findings come from the latest Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer
Tags: CervicalCancer, Prevention, Survivorship, HeadNeckCancers, GynecologicCancers
- Coping with cancer during the holidays can turn the season from joyful to stressful and full of anxiety. Here's some advice to help patients and their friends and family cope and celebrate this season.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Dana-Farber is providing cancer patients and survivors, and their families, access to more than 60 diseases-specific online communities that enables them to connect with others in a private, confidential, and secure environment.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- Ann Partridge, MD, MPH, is named the director of Dana-Farber's Adult Survivorship Program and the Lance Armstrong Foundation Clinic. An accomplished clinician-researcher, Partridge is nationally recognized for contributions to the fields of breast cancer in young women and cancer survivorship.
Tags: Appointments, Survivorship
- World Cancer Day is Saturday, February 4th. Focusing on this year's theme of prevention, Dana-Farber's Judy Garber, MD, MPH, says simple lifestyle changes can reduce your cancer risk.
Tags: Prevention, Survivorship
- Tens of thousands of childhood cancer survivors are now in their 20s, 30s, and beyond, facing life-long risks of treatment-related health issues. Increasingly, primary care physicians will need to be knowledgeable about symptoms and complaints that might be related to cancer treatments their patients received decades ago.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship, Leukemia
- A report from the nation's leading cancer organizations that will be
published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute shows
rates of death in the United States from all cancers for men and women
continued to decline between 2003 and 2007.
- The number of cancer survivors reported by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention and the National Cancer Institute demonstrates
how important it is to provide survivors with the care and follow-up
they need to live healthy lives, says Dana-Farber's Dr. Lisa Diller.
Tags: Exercise, Survivorship
- The findings suggest childhood cancer survivors and their doctors should
factor the increased likelihood of GI troubles into plans for
monitoring survivors' health.
- Dana-Farber experts explain how treatment summaries and care plans can
guide cancer survivors and their physicians through health care
decisions in the future.
Tags: OralCancer, Survivorship
Showing 11-20 of 22 items