News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber researchers have demonstrated a molecular strategy that they say could make a much larger variety of tumors treatable with PARP inhibitors, a promising new class of cancer drugs.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Although it sounds like a case of gender confusion on a molecular scale, the male hormone androgen spurs the growth of some breast tumors in women. In a new study, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute provide the first details of the cancer cell machinery that carries out the hormone’s relentless growth orders.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- A new discovery by Jean Zhao, PhD, and colleagues may help physicians predict which tumors are likely to become resistant to a given drug. In the report, published by Nature Medicine, researchers described how they created a genetically engineered mouse model of human breast cancer in which the most frequently occurring breast cancer oncogene, PIK3CA, could be turned on and off.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Scientists from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and their colleagues have found a genetic marker that predicts which aggressive "triple negative" breast cancers and certain ovarian cancers will likely respond to platinum-based chemotherapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- In one of the largest breast cancer sequencing efforts to date, scientists from Dana-Farber and their colleagues have discovered surprising alterations in genes that were not previously associated with breast cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Genomics
- Erica Mayer, MD, MPH, is a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber. She says there are at least five simple ways women can reduce their risk of getting the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics, Prevention
- Dana-Farber scientists have safely shut down breast cancer and a form of leukemia in mice by targeting abnormal proteins to which the cancers are "addicted."
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Leukemia
- Wendy Chen, MD, MPH, a breast cancer expert at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute helps tackles some of the myths and misconceptions about breast cancer risk. She answers some of the more common questions, explains the studies behind the answers, and provides risk-lowering tips.
Tags: BreastCancer, Nutrition, PatientEducation, Prevention
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber scientists have linked genetic variants to the regulation of genes involved in breast cancer, including four genes not previously implicated in breast cancer, shedding new insights into the biology of breast cancer.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics
Showing 21-30 of 53 items