News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center physicians and nurses are collaborating to create an Egypt-based fellowship training program in pediatric oncology.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Partnerships
- Pediatric patients with B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are likely to relapse after chemotherapy treatment can reduce those odds by receiving additional courses of chemotherapy, according to research by Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center investigators.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Leukemia
- A national drug shortage has been linked to a higher rate of relapse among Hodgkin lymphoma patients enrolled in a national pediatric clinical trial, report researchers involved in the study.
Tags: chemotherapy, ChildhoodCancer, Lymphoma
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- An irregularity within many neuroblastoma cells may indicate whether the tumor is vulnerable to a new class of anti-cancer drugs known as BET bromodomain inhibitors.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- When the eye cancer retinoblastoma is diagnosed in racial and ethnic minority children whose families don't have private health insurance, it often takes a more invasive course than in other children, probably because of delays in diagnosis, according to researchers at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center in Boston.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Disparities
- Almost two-thirds of children who receive stem cell transplants are readmitted to the hospital within six months, according to researchers at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center in Boston.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant
- A type of low-grade but sometimes lethal brain tumor in children has been found to contain an unusual mutation that may help to classify, diagnose and guide the treatment of the tumors.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
Showing 21-29 of 29 items