News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- During Oncology Nursing Month, Dana-Farber proudly recognizes its dedicated, expert nursing professionals, who serve many functions along the continuum of care. Our nurses also received recognition from national peers and local patients.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals guide has ranked Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center the top cancer center in New England and fifth overall in the country.
- Kornelia Polyak, MD, PhD, was presented with the 2012 AACR Outstanding Investigator Award for Breast Cancer Research at the 35th annual CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer, Honors
- Stuart H. Orkin, MD, chairman of the department of pediatric oncology at Dana-Farber/Children’s Hospital Cancer Center, will receive the Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal at the National Academy of Sciences’ 150th Annual meeting in April.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Honors
- Jane deLima Thomas, MD, a palliative care physician and associate director of the Harvard Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, is one of five U.S. physicians to receive the 2013 Hastings Center Cunniff-Dixon Physician Award.
Tags: EndOfLife, Honors
- Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center is one of the first three institutions to be named as a Center of Excellence by Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Grants, Honors
- The National Quality Forum and The Joint Commission will recognize Saul N. Weingart, MD, PhD, as a 2012 recipient of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.
Tags: Honors, PatientSafety
- Fifty-five physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber have been named to Boston magazine's annual "Top Doctors" guide.
- The Obama Administration recognizes John Quackenbush, PhD, of Dana-Farber, as an Open Science Champion of Change for his contributions to the larger research community.
- Dana-Farber has been named a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organization.
Tags: Honors, PatientSupport
Showing 21-30 of 36 items