News tagged ‘ChildhoodCancer’ clear
- When Charlie was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at age 4, his mother sent regular email updates to her large family and circle of friends. Her reflections grew into a touching chronicle of four years in the life of a child with cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant, PatientVideos, Leukemia
- Researchers at Dana-Farber and Children's Hospital Boston have shown that changes in the structure of DNA are responsible for hard-to-treat MLL leukemia – and that it's possible to reverse this process.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Children's Hospital Boston and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as the top pediatric cancer hospital in its 2011-12 Best Children's Hospitals guide.
- Compared to adult patients, parents felt they had little time to
understand the clinical trials process in the midst of coming to terms
with their child's cancer diagnosis.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, PatientEducation
Survey results reveal differences in providing effective treatment of
children with cancer in resource-rich and resource-limited settings.
Raising the survival rate of children with sarcoma in low-income
countries will require steps to diagnose the disease sooner, train
cancer pathologists, expand radiation
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, Sarcoma, Disparities
- With support from Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General
Hospital, and Dana-Farber, the New England Patriots Charitable
Foundation launches an initiative to increase cancer awareness.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, JimmyFund, NewEnglandPatriots
- The study highlights the need for comprehensive survivorship care and
the need to educate primary care physicians in the long-term issues
facing childhood cancer survivors.
- Researchers say the findings underscore the importance of managing patients' pain, and of communicating with parents about the tools available for easing progressive pain.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, EndOfLife
Showing 21-30 of 35 items